Michelle L. HaskinShareholder
Michelle L. Haskin joined the firm in 1996 and became a shareholder in 2004. She practices exclusively in the field of matrimonial and family law, concentrating on matrimonial and family law, custody, domestic violence, and interstate issues.
Having been admitted to practice in New York in 1995, Michelle has extensive experience in representing clients in both Supreme and Family Court; as well as negotiations of resolutions of these matters.
Michelle is a past President of the Capital District Women's Bar Association, and is chair of the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York's matrimonial committee.
Michelle is the recipient of the 2015 New York State Bar Association's Attorney Professionalism Award.
J.D., cum laude, Albany Law School, 1994
B.A., magna cum laude, Syracuse University, 1991
Capital District Women’s Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
Family Law Section, Executive Committee - Third District Representative, Custody Committee, Co-Chair
Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York
Matrimonial Committee, Co-Chair
Domestic Violence Legal Connection
"Providing pro bono services to victims of domestic violence."
The Legal Project, Inc.
Honorary Board Member, Steering Committee Member
New York State Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Resolution Board
Board of Governors
- Pitfalls of Practice, Matrimonial Law Chapter, New York State Bar Association
- Author and Lecturer for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Programs sponsored by Albany Law School, the New York State Judicial Institute (Judicial Seminars), New York State Bar Association, and The Legal Project, Inc.
- 2015 Award for Attorney Professionalism, New York State Bar Association
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America© for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Named by The Best Lawyers in America© as the 2016 Lawyer of the Year for "Family Law: Albany"
- Martindale-Hubbell Top Rated Lawyer in Family Law for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent (AV-Rating)
- Named a Super Lawyer in the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, and 2019 Upstate New York editions of Super Lawyers magazine for Family Law.
- 2011 Capital District Women's Bar Association Hon. Judith S. Kaye Distinguished Attorney Member Award
- Legal Project, Stanley A. Rosen Memorial Award for Pro Bono Service to Victims of Domestic Violence, 2006
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association, Pro Bono Award, 2001
- Business Review, News Channel 6, and the Times Union