McNamee Lochner’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution department encompasses many facets, including commercial litigation, real property litigation, labor and employment litigation, and personal injury litigation. Whether representing corporations, organizations, or individuals, McNamee Lochner's attorneys are skilled, experienced and capable of representing our clients in every aspect of the adversarial process.
McNamee Lochner's skilled litigators advise our clients in the most complex disputes, as well as routine disputes that arise on a more frequent basis. We represent clients on both the trial and appellate level, in all local, state and federal courts. Our areas of focus include railroad litigation, employment litigation, products liability, environmental liability and personal injury litigation.
With local, regional, and national clients in all New York state and federal courts, the primary focus of our litigation practice is client service. We respond promptly and effectively to our clients' needs, regularly update them on the status of pending cases, and provide reasonable and candid recommendations as matters progress. Our litigators are known for their negotiating skills. When appropriate, our attorneys will pursue alternative means for dispute resolution, such as mediation and arbitration, to resolve disputes expeditiously and cost-effectively.
In addition to Bar Association memberships, you will find our litigators involved in professional groups such as:
- American Arbitration Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- New York State Management Attorneys Conference
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
McNamee Lochner understands that litigation is sometimes part of doing business. If your business gets sued, we have the resources and experience you need to defend your position and get your focus back on your business where it belongs. Our attorneys also understand that sometimes a business needs to protect and assert its rights by bringing a lawsuit against a competitor, vendor, contractor or employee.
McNamee Lochner's commercial litigators have decades of experience in state and federal court representing businesses large and small in all kinds of litigation including contracts, shareholder disputes, collections, negligence and liability claims. Our commercial litigators can explain your options and recommend the most efficient and effective way to navigate your business through litigation.Appellate Practice
McNamee Lochner's appellate practice covers a broad range of areas including challenges to State and local statutes and regulations, labor and employment law, personal injury actions, civil litigation and commercial disputes, mortgage foreclosures, real estate litigation, business dissolution proceedings, matrimonial and family law, and trusts and estates litigation.
Time-intensive and detail-oriented, appeals require specific knowledge and skills. Our team of attorneys have proven their abilities in this regard, and have become a trusted source for attorneys outside of the firm who refer their appeals to us.
A number of the attorneys at McNamee Lochner began their careers as law clerks in appellate courts and have brought the experience gained from their clerkships to their professional practice. Our firm has been lead counsel in numerous significant cases appearing in the state and federal appellate case reporters.
McNamee Lochner represents clients in all phases of appellate litigation in state and federal appellate courts, including motion practice, perfection of appeals, and argument of appeals. Our firm has extensive experience appearing in all four departments of the Appellate Division of State Supreme Court, the New York Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.Government Contracts Litigation
The Capital Region is the home for numerous state government agencies that contract with private companies for products and services. McNamee Lochner offers a unique blend of background and experience in the area of government contracts litigation. We have represented clients in bid protests in New York State tribunals, both to challenge and to defend contract awards. We also pursue government contracts litigation in state court and defend suspension and debarment proceedings.
Examples of litigated government contracts matters:
- Represented an international manufacturer in an Article 78 proceeding in which the Court set aside a determination of a state agency excluding that manufacturer from participating in a Women Infant and Children (WIC) Food program.
- Challenged the award of an electronic benefit transfer ("EBT") contract with the State of New York on behalf of a large lender.
- Defended a large manufacturer alleged to have violated the New York State Procurement Lobbying Law in an administrative proceeding.
- Commenced a proceeding in New York State Supreme Court challenging the denial of a contract award to supply product to numerous state agencies.
- Successfully represented an equipment manufacturer in a bid protest before the Office of the New York State Comptroller.
- Successfully represented a fire department in a lawsuit brought by a losing bidder on a firehouse project.