Government Contract Disputes
Albany is the home base for numerous state government agencies that contract with private companies for products and services. In the area of government contracts, our Government Contracts Practice Group offers a unique blend of background and experience. We have represented clients in bid protests in New York State tribunals, both to challenge and to defend contract awards. We pursue government contracts litigation in state court and defend suspension and debarment proceedings. Additionally, our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to recognize when strategies other that litigation are in order.
Examples of litigated matters:
- Represented an international manufacturer in an Article 78 proceeding in which the Court set aside a determination of a state agency excluding that manufacturer from participating in a Women Infant and Children (WIC) Food program.
- We represented a large lender challenging the award of an electronic benefit transfer ("EBT") contract with the State of New York.
- In an administrative proceeding, we defended a large manufacturer alleged to have violated the New York State Procurement Lobbying Law.
- We commenced a proceeding in New York State Supreme Court challenging the denial of a contract award to supply product to numerous state agencies.
- We successfully represented an equipment manufacturer in a bid protest before the Office of the New York State Comptroller.
- We successfully represented a fire department in a lawsuit brought by a losing bidder on a firehouse project.