Glen P. DohertyShareholder
Glen P. Doherty represents employers and management across New York State in all aspects of labor and employment law, including: employment discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge litigation, wage and hour litigation, wage and hour class actions, multiple-plaintiff litigation, executive compensation, ERISA litigation, employment contracts, plant closings and relocations, downsizing and workforce restructuring, non-competition and trade secret litigation, actions arising under OSHA and related NY statutes, pickets, strikes, actions arising under the NLRA and related NY statutes, union organizing, unfair labor practices, collective bargaining, grievance arbitration and withdrawal liability.
Glen has successfully litigated a variety of employment and labor law matters in state and federal courts, before arbitrators and arbitration panels, and before state and federal administrative agencies, including: the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the NYS Division of Human Rights, the US Department of Labor, the NYS Department of Labor, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the National Labor Relations Board, the NYS Industrial Board of Appeals, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance, and the US Department of Homeland Security.
Glen also advises clients on the implementation of employment policies and practices, to ensure his clients are aware of the ever-changing obligations imposed by state and federal laws, regularly providing them with labor and employment alerts, and conducting seminars on new workplace obligations.
Doctor of Law, Cornell University School of Law, 1989
B.S., Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations, 1986
- Mr. Doherty has served on the board of numerous not-for-profit organizations, and currently serves on the board of several privately held companies.
- Author of Employment and Labor Law Review, a monthly article published by the Albany County Bar Association
- Author of numerous Continuing Legal Education publications on various employment and labor law topics for the New York State Bar Association
- Frequent lecturer on a wide variety of employment and labor law topics for various management and bar association groups, including the New York State Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell -- AV Rating (Preeminent)
- Named to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list (2007-2018) in the areas of Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation: Defense
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2017-2019) in the field of Employment Law - Management