G. Kimball WilliamsOf Counsel
G. Kimball Williams joined the firm in 1985, became a principal in 1991 and became of counsel in 2015. He concentrates his practice in civil litigation and appellate practice in state and federal courts and domestic and international arbitral panels. Having tried numerous jury and non-jury trials, administrative hearings and arbitrations to conclusion, he also serves on the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Panel of Arbitrators and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, founded in London.
Matters handled include commercial litigation, contract disputes, trusts and estates, corporate and partnership governance and dissolution, defamation, employment termination, trade secrets, real property, unfair competition, Federal Employers Liability Act, Carmack Amendment, personal injury, medical malpractice, and “right to die” disputes.
Kim’s appellate practice has included appeals before the New York Court of Appeals, the United States Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court.
Before joining the firm, Kim was a trial attorney with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in Washington D.C. He is admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia, the State of New York, the United States Courts of Appeals for the Second and Fourth Circuits, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York, and the Tax Court of the United States.
J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1975
A.B., Hamilton College, 1971
New York State Bar Foundation
American Arbitration Association
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - London
Commission on Quality of Care for the Mentally Disabled
Panelist and Chairman, Surrogate Decision Making Committee
Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York
Past President, Renewal Chair and Past Co-Chair of the Justice for All Campaign, Private Attorney Involvement panel member, Attorney for the Day Volunteer
- Halo Optical Products, Inc. v. Liberty Sports, Inc. (U.S.D.C., N.D.N.Y.) 2014 WL 3670664, 2015 WL 999076
- Iannotti v. Consolidated Rail Corp., 74 NY2d 39
- Doolin v. United States, 918 F.2d 15, 90-2 U.S. Tax Cas. (CCH) P60,047, 66 A.F.T.R.2d (RIA).
- The Landings Association v. Williams, 2012 Ga. Lexis 566
- Mills v. Chauvin, 103 AD3d 1041
- Matter of the Estate of Moak, 92 AD3d 1040
- Matter of Clever Innovations, Inc., (Dooley) 94 AD 3rd 1174.
- Busch v. Harrington, 63 AD3d 1333.
- Pulver v. Dougherty, 53 AD3d 978.
- Matter of Hyde, 44 AD3d 1195, mot. for lv. den., 9 NY3d 1027.
- Williams v. Harrington, 216 AD2d 761 , mot. for lv. den. 87 NY2d 967.
- Estate of Hatch ex rel. Ruzow v. NYCO Minerals Inc., 270 AD2d 590.
- Kim v. Dvorak, 230 AD2d 286.
- Grasso v. Mathew, 164 AD2d 476.
- Matter of Mary XX., 52 AD3d 983, mot. for lv. den. 11 NY3d 706.
- Barrett v. Watkins, 52 AD3d 1000.
- Matter of Scale, 38 AD3d 983.
- Asterino v. Asterino & Assocs., 275 AD2d 517.
- Matter of Rockefeller, 44 AD3d 1170.
- Navilia v. Windsor Wolf Rd. Props. Co., 249 AD2d 658.
- Zelonka v. Town of Schodack, 245 AD2d 795.
- Micheli v. E.J. Builders, 241 AD2d 610.
- First Am. Bank v. L.V. Lowden, Inc., 197 AD2d 774.
- DiRienzo v. State, 187 AD2d 879.
- Brodford v. Weber, 138 AD2d 860.
- Moore v. Consolidated Rail. Corp., 1988 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 4805.
- LTA Group, Inc. v. J.B. Hunt Transp., Inc., 101 F.Supp.2d 93.
- Asset Mgmt. & Control v. ABF Freight Sys., 18 F.Supp.2d 187.
- Davis Acoustical Corp. v. Carolina Freight Carriers Corp., 775 F. Supp. 530.
- Critical Voc Filtration Corp. v. Northland Filter Systems Int'l, Inc., 1991 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8607.
- Distinguished Service Award, 2008 - Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York
- Distinguished Service Award, 1997 - Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York