Amy S. O'ConnorShareholder
Amy O’Connor joined the firm in 2003. With a concentration in elder law, estate planning, and trust and estate administration, her practice encompasses all aspects of trusts and estates law and elder law, including probate and administration of estates and trusts, establishment of revocable and irrevocable trusts, wills, health care proxies, living wills, and powers of attorney. A major part of Ms. O'Connor's practice involves assisting elderly clients and their families with legal and tax issues including estate tax planning, preservation of assets, long-term care planning, eligibility for governmental benefits including Medicaid, disability planning, supplemental needs trusts and guardianship proceedings.
Ms. O'Connor is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell and was named a Super Lawyer in the 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014 Upstate New York Edition of Super Lawyers magazine. She was also recognized as one of the top 25 women upstate New York lawyers by Super Lawyers magazine. Ms. O’Connor has also been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.
J.D, University of Notre Dame Law School, 1984
B.A., Duke University, 1980
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeState of New York, 1985
United States District Court, Northern District of New York, 1985
Professional Associations and Community Involvement
- Albany County Bar Association
- Capital District Women's Bar Association
- Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region, Board Member, Chair of Professional Advisor Steering Committee
- Center for Disability Services, Investment Advisory Committee
- The Community Hospice, Board member
- Council on Women's Studies at Duke University, past member
- Estate Planning Council of Eastern New York
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- New York State Bar Association
- Elder Law Section, Executive Committee, Co-Chair of its Legislation Committee, past Third District Representative
- Trusts and Estates Section
- Frequent lecturer on numerous elder law and estate planning topics for professional and civic groups including programs sponsored by the New York State Bar Association.
- New York State Bar Association, Elder Law Section, Legislation Committee, 2012 Recognition
- New York State Bar Association, Elder Law Section, Power of Attorney Task Force, 2010 Recognition
- Named a Super Lawyer in the 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014 upstate New York Editions of Super Lawyers magazine for Elder Law.
- She was also recognized as one of the top 25 women upstate New York lawyers by Super Lawyers magazine in 2009.
- Martindale Hubbell - AV Preeminent Rated
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013.