Glen P. DohertyShareholder
Mr. Doherty has successfully litigated a variety of employment and labor law matters in state and federal courts, before arbitrators and arbitration panels, and before state and federal administrative agencies, including the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the NYS Division of Human Rights, the US Department of Labor, the NYS Department of Labor, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the NYS Industrial Board of Appeals, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance, and the US Department of Homeland Security.
Mr. Doherty also advises clients on the implementation of employment policies and practices, advice which includes making sure that his clients are aware of the ever-changing obligations imposed by state and federal laws, regularly providing them with labor and employment alerts, and conducting seminars on new workplace obligations.
Doctor of Law, Cornell University School of Law, 1989
B.S., Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations, 1986
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Mr. Doherty has served on the board of numerous not-for-profit organizations, and currently serves on the board of several privately held companies.
- Author of Employment and Labor Law Review, a monthly article published by the Albany County Bar Association
- Frequent lecturer on a wide variety of employment and labor law topics for various management and bar association groups, including the New York State Bar Association
- Named a Super Lawyer in the 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Upstate New York Editions of Super Lawyers magazine for Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation: Defense
- Member, New York Management Attorneys Conference (2005-Present)
- Martindale-Hubbell -- AV Rating (Preeminent)