Chris regularly represents businesses, individuals, public officials and governmental entities in sensitive and contested matters, including novel cases presenting unique issues of law. He leads a practice group which prides itself on its aggressive representation of a diverse group of clients.
He has extensive experience in the litigation of corporate disputes, including those involving claims of shareholders, ownership disputes, allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, and intellectual property issues. He also represents management in a variety of labor and employment matters, including discrimination and wrongful termination claims, grievances, and claims of unlawful union activities.
In the personal injury field, Chris has been selected by many national corporations to handle their self-insured personal injury defense claims in Upstate New York, including mass tort and complex product liability cases. He also represents accident victims in wrongful death and major injury cases, and has recovered many millions of dollars on behalf of these clients.
- Representation of the Speaker of the New York State Assembly in defense of claims challenging his approval of certain expenditures of State funds (NYS Supreme Court, New York County).
- Representation of the New York State Public Authorities Control Board and its members in litigation relating to the funding for the replacement bridge for the Tappan Zee Bridge (NYS Supreme Court, Albany County).
- Representation of a technology company in the prosecution of claims of trademark infringement, cyberpiracy and unfair competition (U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York).
- Representation of a company and its owners in defense of class action claims accusing the company of violating federal and state wage and hour laws (U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York).
- Representation of a retail company in the defense of class action claims alleging deceptive sales practices (NYS Supreme Court, Kings County).
- Representation of the trustee of a testamentary trust in a dispute as to the ownership of shares of a long-time family business (NYS Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Department).
- Representation of a teenager who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a major automobile crash (settlement in excess of $1 million).
More information on his personal injury practice.
J.D., Cornell Law School, 1982
B.A., summa cum laude, Union College, 1979
U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
New York State Bar Association
American Association for Justice
New York State Trial Lawyers Association
National Association of Dealer Counsel
- Fellow, New York State Bar Foundation
- Martindale-Hubbell AV
- Named a Super Lawyer in the 2010-16 Upstate New York editions of Super Lawyers magazine
- Best Lawyers in America